Windows File Server Auditor for File Access Auditing
In large organizations, file servers constitute huge amount of crucial business-specific data. A large number of files are being created, edited, deleted or shared using different modes on a daily-basis and needs to be monitored and administered.
File Access Auditing is outstanding solution that provides complete change details made to Windows File Servers and NetApp Filers and track each and every File Server access activities like who changed what, when, from where and from which workstation. The software archives network-wide audit data in a centralized repository and, thus, the file server audit solution assists in tracking and reporting all available Windows file servers and NetApp filers at a time. File Server auditor is available as a part of LepideAuditor Suite. The other auditing components of the suite are Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server, GPO, and SharePoint.
File Access Auditing: Key Features
- Audit all configuration changes made to NetApp filers and Windows File Servers.
- Generates real-time alerts on all the crucial changes made in Windows file servers and NetApp filers.
- Generates a number of pre-defined reports on file server events.
- Clear and concise reports on changes made to Files, Folders, and Permissions to Windows File Servers and NetApp Filers.
- Allows filtering pre-defined reports based on various criteria like Date/Time, File Server Name, User Name, Event Name, Event Status, and Process Name.
- Allows scheduling automatic generation and delivery of reports to specified email addresses.
- Collects and stores events as per configured audit policies.
- Creates required audit policies based on a number of attributes like File Server name, monitoring time, drive, directory, file name, file type, process, and events.
- Displays generated reports in CSV, PDF, HTML, DOC, TXT format or via secure web console for further manipulation if needed.
- Permission analysis allows to check the historical changes in the permissions of files and folders overtime. Applied permissions for the selected file or folder between two specified time intervals can also be compared for cumulative study.
- File Server Current Permission Reporting shows the effective current permissions of the Shared Folders, files and on its sub-folders.
- Current Permission analysis displays the effective permissions applied on the Shared Folders by comparing the applied NTFS permissions with the Share Permissions.
- The solution displays the scope of the applied permission by showing the folder level where permission inheritance gets broken and whether the effective permission is direct, indirect or inherited.
- It enables users to save separate permission analysis reports for both “Permission History” and “Compare Permission” in different formats including PDF, MHT or CSV etc.
- Custom Reports can be generated for File Server Modification Reports as required.
- Send alerts to email, Livefeed and LepideAuditor App on Android and iOS devices.
- Allows grouping reports based on various parameters like Date, User, Computer and Event.
- Offers an easy-to-use, intuitive, self-descriptive, user-friendly GUI that makes File Access Auditing a much easier task.
File Access Auditing solution helps to retain audit data for user defined time periods and analyze historical changes in file and folder permissions overtime. It also assists in meeting various compliances and keeping all chronological details always available for forensic investigations. The utility generates instant real-time alerts on all the crucial changes made in file servers’ files, folder structures, shares, permissions and all other items.
Give it a try before you purchase!
File Access Auditor is a component of LepideAuditor Suite and is available as a free demo version for trial. Users can download the demo version, gain access to the software features and audit unlimited number of file servers for a trial period of 15 days without paying anything. Later, if you are satisfied with the functionalities of the tool, you can decide to buy the fully licensed version by contacting our sales team.